Task 2: Data-Patterns & PlayCategory
This is a task I have done with my Receptions where they need to answer a question per day and record their response using this data colle..
Here is a useful data source that could be used within the year 1 classroom. The goal here is to gather data about how the students tr..
This is an example of a data source in ESL and English literature lessons. There are many others (a search f..
Students go on an excursion to the beach and collect natural objects such as shells, driftwood, pumice and seeds. Back in the classroom, s..
If I teach students remotely from my house, I would ask them to count how many colored pencils are there in their pencil bags. Students ca..
Some data activities that students can do at home is to investigate what they might get from a bag of M&Ms. The students can purchase a ba..
If I am teaching students online, activities can include family involvement. This can be done through drawing a birthday bar graph, the ti..
- There are multiple differences between cyber security, cyber awareness as well as cyber safety. Cyber security includes the protection..
If remote students where being taught online, 3 possible data activities that could be done from home include:
- Early years: children sorting an object (bocks, pencils or anything available to them) by either size colour or type.
- Lower primary: a drawn picture with all the different ways to represent the number 9, i.e. the numeral 9, 9 dots drawn on a car, 4+5 etc.
- Upper primary: different ways to represent the times table equations. I.e. the equation 4 x 3, four groups of three dots, three groups of four dots etc.
- this task could be extended by asking students to identify the three process in the representation of data; sorted, arranged, and visually represented
Teaching students about using technology safely is important. Preparing students with the knowledge and unnderstanding to keep safe is vit..
Ensuring that the networks and the vast range of technological devices we use are protected from attacks, can be referred to as ‘Cyber Sec..
Response to Question 1.
Cyber Security, Cyber Awareness and Cyber Safety are all focuses that overlap in meaning, however, there are a ..
Although cyber security, cyber awareness and cyber safety all refer to the same idea, these terms are different in the fact that they each..
- Share an activity idea or classroom resource that you have found online or created yourself that involves primary students exploring p..
This graph is a representation on data collected through primary school based on methods that each student used to get to school.
Cyber Security means protecting data and information networks whereas cyber safety means protecting users from online content. From these ..
Option 1: Collect and visualize some data collected from students in the classroom. Students could discuss as a class the amount of fruit ..
Cyber Security is ensuring such networks are safe and secure to prevent attacks, to secure the safety of information and data, whereas Cyb..
This lesson introduces primary students to o..