- Use appropriate and safe sites for internet exploring.
- Abide by copyright laws and reference work taken from the internet.
Code of ethics for technology use in the classroom
- Do not interfere with someone else’s computer work
- Do not use someone else’s ma..
Two classroom activities for teaching students about password security
Binary Code classroom activity – students encrypt their birthday, then another student has to decode it.
An example of teaching networks in the classroom might be an aerial photo of a school showing how footpaths and walkways connect the diffe..
Students can compare the growth rate of plants. Either different plants planted in the same soil or same plant planted in dif..
There are some challenges that come with teaching remotely – such as being able to control the resources that students have access to in t..
Having the resources for innovative teaching and learning is imperative for staying in touch with the latest in Digital Technologies. This..
One classroom activity that incorporates a visual programming environment is Minecraft Hour of Code. This program offers a s..
I have created an algorithm as a flow chart for the everyday activity waste or recycle. This flow chart could be used in the ..
A lesson idea for sharing information online safety is to get students to play a modified game of “celebrity heads” where the..
A lesson idea to explore past and present technologies. Have students complete a worksheet with:
- What technologies thei..
A classroom activity that involves students encoding and decoding data is a spy language activity. Get students to develop th..
In the classroom, an idea for a useful data source that teachers could use is to go outside with students and collect a bunc..
- Keep your personal information private.
- Just because you are behind a computer screen does not mean you can treat people any diffe..
This is a fun YouTube video about password safety. The Password Rap is a catchy song that runs through h..
the esafety website provides an array of exercises that students can work thro..
This resources teachers students how to be safe and secure onli..
- Share with us your top 5-10 code of ethics statements for using technology in the classroom or your professional workplace.
- Create or find a classroom resource that teaches students about creating strong passwords, passcodes or passphrases.