A sequence activity that could be created for receptions is a morning school routine. This could be presented and explained to new receptions who are starting school for the first time. The routine could go along the lines of this:
- Put bag in locker
- Get reading folder out and put in reading folder box
- Get lunchbox out and put in the classes lunch box holder
- Get drink bottle out and place on table
- Go to wellbeing table and stick your name next to the category you are feeling (happy, sad, excited, tired…)
- Sit at your desk and practice writing your name on the sheet Infront of you.
- Once complete, relax and wait for further instructions from teacher.
This activity would help student develop skills of putting things into a logical sequence and would help them understand that most repetitive activities have a sequence of some form.