This is a storyboarding-programming activity for upper primary students using Alice, a free and open-source 3D programming environment.
The aim of the activity is to create a storyboard, transform the storyboard into a programmable script and then use that script to create a short 3D animated conversation.
- Be sure that you have installed Alice 2 on the computers to be used. You can follow the directions here: http://alice3.pbworks.com/w/page/57581183/Download%20And%20Install. You will want to first make sure that Alice can be opened and runs before the event.
- Build a scene from Alice’s gallery: setting and the characters.
- Create a storyboard as a visual plan for your animation.
- Translate the storyboard into a programming script to help create a blueprint for what will be coded in Alice.
- Finally, students will use Alice 3D visual programming language to program their animation.
Detailed information can be obtained from the following site: http://www.alice.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Alice-2-HoC-FacilitationGuide.pdf