5 ethical statements for using technology in the classroom:
- Help prevent Cyber bullying – The secrecy of the internet and not seeing faces makes it easy to “type” things one would not usually say in person. Teaching students about cyberbullying requires discussing not only its definition but also how hurtful and damaging it can be to children.
- Self-image is important – Without seeing faces, people can easily overshare in a digital world. Kids need to learn how future employers look up candidates’ social media accounts to see how they represent themselves in public.
- Only visit approved internet sites.
- Tell your teacher if you see something uncomfortable or inappropriate
- Never give out your personal information.