Hi everyone! I know many of you are curious as to Google's proposed changes to Google+ and what that means for our communities. We are still working through the fine details, but are currently working with Google on a solution – our aim is to migrate our communities to their enterprise system, retaining all of our current posts and information and maintaining all of your access.
I will post updates for you here, including any information on anything, if at all, that you might need to do.
To answer key questions that we have received:
– Our courses and communities will continue to exist, and you will continue to be able to interact with them.
– If you have already started the course, please continue and we will be working with Google to move your community postings to any new format required.
– Our courses themselves are independent of this, and so there will be no impact on course progress or access.
5 plus ones, 2 comments
- CLAYTON Page: The press releases were a little confusing. Because many of us are using .edu email accounts we wondered if this community would not be considered a “consumer” entity, and might be able to carry on. Looking forward to clarification, as I just had about 10 new staff at my school sign up this year!
- Katrina Falkner: Hi, We are still working through the details – but regardless of how we end up being classified, all of the CSER communities will be continued. There might just be some changes in the background that our CSER team will take care of. Kat